- The project is forward looking as it concentrates on one of the most pressing issues that will critically affect
Europe’s ability to maintain and enhance economic growth as well as its diverse, but distinct, socio-economic
- The issue in question is knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship
- (i) as a major factor affecting innovation;
- (ii) as a core transformative mechanism for traslating knowledge into growth, which represent
a problem for Europe;
- (iii) as a stock of capital or factor of wealth generation which cn be used in the production
of other goods and
- (iv) as important dynamic property of different systems of innovation and institutional set ups.
- Based on all four perspectives on entrepreneurship, the AEGIS project will translate its analytical findings into
diagnostics tools for country or sector specific assessment of knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship.
To that effect, the project aims at providing operational policy recommendations for advancing key
aspects of knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship in Europe.